This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Layout Builder Post List/Grid Element + Mini Post List Categories Problem

• Creator
    Topic
    Ron
    Participant

I am using the Layout Builder in Jumpstart 1.02 (w/ Stretch child) to enable pages with posts from different categories. I use the Layout Builder to add Post Lists and Post Grids elements to the layout, then select a single Category for each post list or grid.

The first problem seems to be that only 9 (+ “All Categories”) of my 13 categories are displayed in the “Category” check box selection, so I can’t choose from 4 that I need on some pages.

I tried working around this by using “Custom Query String (optional)” entry field using a value like “category_name=news” (where “news” is the category slug). This seems to work, except for a second bug, which is that the number of post entries displayed is always first five (5) no matter what the setting in “Number of Posts” entry field is set to.

A similar bug exists in the “Theme Blvd Mini Post List” widget, which I am also using. Only 9 Categories are available in the “Category” drop-down list. If I use the “Custom query string (optional) field” here, this also results in only the first 5 posts/titles being displayed. (I haven’t tried this in “Theme Blvd Mini Post Grid”, but it has the 9 category limitation in the Category drop-down as well.)

Am I missing something (I’m new to JS) or is there another workaround?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
    Ron

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Ron,

These selections of categories should be showing all categories that currently contain at least one post (this is the default way WordPress’s get_categories function works). Is it possible the missing categories currently do not have any posts assigned to them yet?

Ron
    Participant

Yes, that appears to be the case. My bad. I tend to work from the other direction. Create the layout then have the content added by my “client” (content manager).

I’m loving JS, btw, great features.

Thx, Ron

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No problem. I totally understand; you’re not the only one to be confused by that.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.