This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Jumpstart Presale related with Akita

• Creator
    Topic
    littleantz
    Participant

Hi,

I am wondering if jumpstart have something new in comparison with akita theme. Here are my questions. Actually a presale question from jumpstart that I post here because I can’t post in jumpstart yet.

-Does jump start offer more support on customization unlike akita that is limited on the features related to it as shown on demo?

-In Akita, on trouble I had is making a page from the builder that replicate the size of a norpal page with sidebar. I use 2/3 – 1/3 but the size is not the same as the default sidebar layout. can that be adjusted so I can have a page created from the builder that looks like normal sidebar page so that I can use different sets of widget on different pages and it will look as if it is a normal page with sidebar?

-Can I sell the child theme I created using jumpstart framework?

Is this support forum a plugin or a theme? is this for sale?

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

From your questions, I think Jump Start might be the opposite of what you’re thinking. The point of Jump Start is that it gives you the framework as a blank slate. There are no style options. It only has all of the default framework features which all of my other themes are then built on top of.

Does jump start offer more support on customization unlike akita that is limited on the features related to it as shown on demo?

This depends on what you mean by “more support on customization” — If you mean, “Does Jump Start have a bunch of options to change colors and styles?” Then the answer is no. But if you want a clean slate with no other pre-set options or complicated styles to override, then yes you have much more freedom with customizations. If you know CSS, then you’ll have a much easier time editing Jump Start then one of my other themes.

In Akita, on trouble I had is making a page from the builder that replicate the size of a norpal page with sidebar. I use 2/3 โ€“ 1/3 but the size is not the same as the default sidebar layout. can that be adjusted so I can have a page created from the builder that looks like normal sidebar page so that I can use different sets of widget on different pages and it will look as if it is a normal page with sidebar?

As far as all of the framework features work (like the layout builder and sidebar layouts), Jump Start and Akita are the same. It sounds like you’re just misunderstanding how some things work with the framework in general.

Layouts in the Builder accept a “sidebar layout” the same as any other page or post on your site. Are you trying to say that you’re using the Columns element within a custom layout that has the “full width” sidebar layout attached? Using the “Columns” element in the Builder is not the same as selecting a sidebar layout.

Within your custom layout just select the “Sidebar Right” sidebar layout, and then from Appearance > Widget Areas you can apply whatever custom widget area you want to the sidebar of the page you applied the layout to. — Checkout the video in your documentation on how custom widget areas work.

But I do understand the confusion with a lot of these things as you have to edit so many things in different places. This is something I’m currently working on for updates, to make the editing experience between custom layouts, custom sidebars, etc, all accessible from the Edit Page screen.

Can I sell the child theme I created using jumpstart framework?

Sure. Everything within your Child theme is your own work, so I don’t see why not.

Is this support forum a plugin or a theme? is this for sale?

Nope. Just for me! … But this entire support website is a Child theme of Jump Start. ๐Ÿ˜‰

littleantz
    Participant

Sorry if I misinterpret the jumpstart. With that I’d like to clarify some things. Actually I really love the way you do your framework. It’s like all heavy lifting is done by it. But then you are right because now I feel like I am missing a piece on the usability of jumpstart after waht you said. I hope you’ll bear with me to clarify things.

When you say framework, after I install jumpstart I will have slider, layout builder, shorcodes ready to use in my WP right?

If I purchase jumpstart, the support will cover how to modify the included child theme?

After installing jumpstart, will my WP will look like this already out of the box?
    http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/jumpstart/

With regards to my Akita Problem, let me give you a scenario. Let say I want to create a page with sidebar but I want that sidebar to have completely different sets of widgets. My first impulse is to create a full with page from the builder, put 2/3 – 1/3 column on it. and put custom sidebar on 1/3 column. My problem is that this approach does not look as neat like the normal sidebar layout.

Thanks and I hope I can learn your framework because I can feel it has most of what I need.

Great work!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by littleantz. Reason: remove some questions already mentioned on jumpstart page
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

When you say framework, after I install jumpstart I will have slider, layout builder, shorcodes ready to use in my WP right?

Yes, this is correct. Imagine Akita, but with a simple design to start from and without the Styles tab on your Theme Options page.

If I purchase jumpstart, the support will cover how to modify the included child theme?

As always, I can point you in the right direction, but I’m not going to actually code your customizations for you.

After installing jumpstart, will my WP will look like this already out of the box?
    http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/jumpstart/

Yes, this is correct.

With regards to my Akita Problem, let me give you a scenario. Let say I want to create a page with sidebar but I want that sidebar to have completely different sets of widgets. My first impulse is to create a full with page from the builder, put 2/3 โ€“ 1/3 column on it. and put custom sidebar on 1/3 column. My problem is that this approach does not look as neat like the normal sidebar layout.

Yes, exactly, so you’d do what I said previously. — Within your custom layout just select the โ€œSidebar Rightโ€ sidebar layout, and then from Appearance > Widget Areas you can apply whatever custom widget area you want to the sidebar of the page you applied the layout to.

The result will be a custom layout applied to a page and then a custom widget area applied to the actual sidebar location of that page. I think you’re confused because you want to do everything within the layout builder, but you can’t. Make sense?

littleantz
    Participant

I think I get it all now.

Thanks.

Lastly.. no jumpstart discount for themeblvd theme users ๐Ÿ™‚

littleantz
    Participant

no jumpstart discount for themeblvd theme users?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

lol… Nope. Unfortunately $65 for unlimited websites and endless support questions from you coupled with all the money you’re going to make off of it is about the best I can do. ๐Ÿ˜‰

littleantz
    Participant

haha.. that’s the most convincing answer I’ve ever got to justify a no discount. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Will buy in a couple of days.

Hope I can learn it quick. I know akita from the admin side but hopefully I can learn your framework on a developer level with jumpstart.

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.