I have several question regarding using Jumpstart with WP “custom_post_type”. I need to create several WP custom_post_types and register them using WP register_post_type to provide items on the WP Dashboard. These will also have custom fields, etc. (my client need to be able to enter fixed data types, repeating content types, etc.)
In the purely WP sense, I would normally create a “single-custom_post_name.php” file to handle the display of the single posts, etc.
I guess I’m not quite clear how (or if) I can do the same in the Jumpstart 2.x.
In JS 1.x, I’ve created simple custom single posts from TB “content.php” and registered them with
add_filter( ‘themeblvd_template_parts’, ‘my_template_parts’ );
etc. without custom_post_type.
But with the JS framework, the “content.php” code already sits inside the WP loop, so this doesn’t seem the right way to integrate for a WP custom_post_type.
I guess my questions:
1) Does JS 2.x support an integration of WP custom_post_types?
2) to Custom Layout Builder (list, grids)?
3) If so how?
4) or, does JS recognize a “content-custom_post_name.php” automatically like WP?
5) Or is it just better to to implement the standard WP way which allow me access to the loop in order to query with the custom_post_type I create?
I suspect there might be several ways to approach this, but kind of want to hear your thoughts on the best way in JS 2.x
Thanks in advance,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.