This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Jump Start with a Alyeska Style Menu

• Creator
    Topic
    jlittle888
    Participant

I might be biting off way more than I can chew, but I have been using the Alyeska template for quite a while before getting the Jump Start system. I really like the “roll-over” menu that is available in that template. Is there any “easy” way to have this same menu style in Jump Start?

Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately I’m not really sure what to tell you on that one. The menu in Alyeska is something completely custom for that theme. I’m sure with a lot of your own CSS customizations, you’d be able to do something similar or even something completely unique, but It’s not as if you’re going to be able to just copy and paste from Alyeska to your Jump Start child theme. You know what I mean? You’d essentially just be styling your own menu from your Child theme.

In the future, I’d like to have some more sample Child themes out there that do different things with Jump Start and change its design a lot from what you see with the default skins. Also, I hope to have some tutorials and examples of how you can style different, more complicated elements like the slider and main menu.

jlittle888
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response. I was afraid that it would be more involved that just a simple “cut and paste”. I am still trying to fully understand CSS and all that it can do. I will play around and see what kind of trouble I can get into!

Thank you for giving ‘us’ a great starting point with the Jump Start theme, it really is a fun way to learn without having to know too much.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.