This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Jump Start Child Theme Menu Colors

• Creator
    Topic
    Herb Trevathan
    Participant

I have purchased Alyeska from themeforest. I also have Jumpstart.

Is there a way to apply the CSS from the Alyeska menus to a Jumpstart child theme?

My first guess was to set up a sandbox area, then install Alkyeska and change the settings to:

For Example:
    Menu Color ‘Red’
    Menu Style ‘Flip Over’

And then use firebug and copy the CSS to the Jumpstart Child Theme…and move necessary files to an images folder and so on…change paths if necessary

Is it this straight forward to do this, or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

No, there’s really no easy way to do this. The menu in Alyeska is pretty complex and custom. There’s really no way around just digging in and coming up with a way to style a menu like that in Jump Start. I guess what I’m saying is there’s no copy/paste, simple solution unfortunately.

Herb Trevathan
    Participant

Bummer – that would be a great plugin to offer I think…

I assume that is the same for Akita and any other Theme Blvd. Theme, regarding use of css directly. The div order is different and other technicals right?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yes, because all of these themes have so many complex options, there needs to be a way to switch between them. So they have different ways of adding various classes depending on what the user selects in the theme options. I would say though that Akita would be easier to duplicate than Alyeska, if this something you’re still sort of getting your feet wet with.

Herb Trevathan
    Participant

Nice : )

Yeah mainly I like the styling you have done and see no reason to re invent the wheel. So I thought since there were enough color options in your presets for the menu, even just using the classic style…it would meet the needs of most projects.

The rest of the CSS is business as usual. The plus really is, at least for me, menus have always been difficult and your stuff already has the responsive issues handled so it seemed like a no brainer to just use your code with your code and stick with what works : )

Is it possible to put a set of “CSS Pasters” here for everyone to apply basic classic style colors which are common? Then maybe we could just go in and highlight the menu CSS section and replace it to achieve one color.

That is really what I am trying to do, since say for example, a lawn care client will only need green menus and never change the color. My clients would have me do the design anyway and maybe…maybe hahaha handle light data entry.

So I guess my original question was never meant to imply that I wanted to add admin options for colors…just one color ala carte’ on a per project basis.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully in the future we can grow the community a bit with more examples in the forums of different design elements and also more example child themes.

I understand you didn’t want to have theme options, but I was explaining why the HTML markup is different in these other themes — that being because they do have different options the user can mess with.

Herb Trevathan
    Participant

Got it – Thank You for the clarification.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.