This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

jQuery Plugin Problem

• Creator
    Topic
    er777
    Participant

I’ve read about how to include js in the theme – thought I’d followed the directions, but the code i’m using has no effect. This is what is in my child them for Jump Start:

function my_scripts() {
    	// Register child theme file before Jump Start to override
    	wp_register_script( 'themeblvd_theme', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/assets/js/theme.js', array('jquery') );	
    	//Highslide - Coverflow
    	wp_register_script( 'erdd_coverflow', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/assets/js/highslide_erdd.js', array('jquery') );
    	wp_enqueue_script( 'erdd_coverflow' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'my_scripts', 9 ); // Use any priority less than 10 to override Jump Start

Nothing happens. Why?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    er777
    Participant

Operator error

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

So, you got it figured out?

er777
    Participant

I did, thank you. A good lesson in enqeue.

Another question – Is there a way to do custom coding in templates – the way that WP normally works?

I know you now have layouts and that is awesome, and probably when I figure our layout system it will do the job great, but as a coder I want to be able to do some PHP when necessary in templates, as you can’t really do that in posts.

Unless your “raw” shortcode allows it… ?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Another question – Is there a way to do custom coding in templates – the way that WP normally works?

Sure, why not? Nothing is really different I don’t think. Create a file in your Child theme and make it a page template. — http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Creating_Your_Own_Page_Templates

You can look at Jump Start’s page.php as a starting point for just the basic surrounding HTML markup and inclusion of header/footer.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.