This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Issues with ThemeBlvd shortcodes – tabs not working

• Creator
    Topic
    chill986

I FINALLY have updated the theme for my client – I want to use the shortcodes that come with the theme. I have an issue using both the toggles and tabs, They look great, but don’t seem to work.

Site is billmayer-saddles.com – I tried it with plugins (except for theme blvd plugins) deactivated, and it didn’t help. I would appreciate any help you can give me. I use too many plugins and I need to streamline the site – it’s gotten difficult to tell what is causing issues where.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I think something might be weird with the HTML somewhere with what you’re putting in the tabs. So, first let’s try an experiment. On your homepage temporarily replace the whole tabs element with a basic usage, as follows:

[tabs style="open" nav="pills" height="true" tab_1="Title #1" tab_2="Title #2" tab_3="Title #3"]
    [tab_1]Tab 1 content...[/tab_1]
    [tab_2]Tab 2 content...[/tab_2]
    [tab_3]Tab 3 content...[/tab_3]
    [/tabs]

Now, does it work? If so, then we know something is off with the HTML you’re putting in the tabs. For example, maybe you’re not closing an HTML tag somewhere. Maybe WP auto formatting is messing something up by being confused about where to open/close <p> tags around your HTML items.

Since you’re using the Layout Builder for this area, it may be even be easier to keep track of things if you use the “Tabs” element below your current “Content” element, opposed to putting a complicated instance of the tabs shortcode into the “Content” element.

chill986

Well, what I REALLY want to do is use toggles – but they don’t work either. Your experiment didn’t work – did as you suggested. Some kind of javascript conflict – on Google Chrome, my dropdown menus don’t work.

I liked your idea of using the builder, but when I saw there were no toggles, (which is what I REALLY want to use). BUT, I went ahead and added the tabs to the layout. STILL nothing.

Help? Do you need userid/pw?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

When I looked at your site, no javascript errors in Chrome’s console jumped out at me. All I saw was some errors due to missing assets.

Don’t worry, we’ll figure it out, and get both toggles and tabs working. Send me over a login to your WP admin, and I’ll take a closer look. Go to My Account > Submit Private Info here on the support site to send over the info.

chill986

Ok, will do.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

So I was stumped at first, but I figured out it’s a plugin you’re using called “jQuery Smooth Scroll” — I assume you’re using the plugin because it adds the little button to allow you to scroll your site to the top. However, another feature of the plugin is that it animates all links leading to an ID like #whatever. But this is how the Bootstrap tabs link the tabs to the respective sections of content. So your jQuery Smooth Scroll overrides this functionality.

chill986

Well, that plugin certainly isn’t critical to the site, as you might guess! That fixes that problem, but the problem with the dropdown menu – see “Shop Online” or “Seat Galleries” – they work on Firefox and Internet Explorer, but not on Google Chrome or Safari. Client is getting antsi.

Thanks!

Cindy

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

There’s definitely another plugin conflict somewhere, as we can see this clearly works as it should normally in Chrome and Safari. Sometimes you just have to put in the work, and go through your plugins. 😉 … If I had to take a wild guess where to start, I would look first at the plugin you’re using for the mega menu.

chill986

Ok. Darnit, it wasn’t an issue before I upgraded the theme. Thanks anyway.

chill986

Jason, The problem is indeed with ubermenu. One thing I hadn’t tried doing is updating the ubermenu plugin. I apparently have not been getting notifications from Code Canyon of ubermenu updates and I was pretty far behind.

Thanks again – I believe I have everything working now!

Cindy

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.