This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Issue with blog posts

• Creator
    Topic
    alexvega
    Participant

Dear on duty
    I need your kind assistence for the following problem:
    when i try to open a simple post of my blog as you can see i get blank page

http://www.leibtour.com/blog/

I believe there is a problem with qTranslate plugin but it happens just from the last update on!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

At some point when the page loads, there is a PHP Error that happens to break the page. So I’d start by enabling errors to show on your site so you can know what this is. You do this by turning on WP_DEBUG from the wp-config.php [edited] file of your WordPress installation.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#WP_DEBUG

This will get you started in figuring out specifically what is causing the issue.

alexvega
    Participant

Thanks for the reply I will follow your suggestion with my developer!

Regards
    Alessandro

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Alessandro,

I was just re-reading my response to you, and realized I typed “wp-includes.php” when I meant to type “wp-config.php” — I edited my original response.

alexvega
    Participant

😉 … thanks again 4 the message!

alexvega
    Participant

Hei Guys, sorry for border you again… but we are not able to fix this issue! Is there a way you can help us? thanks in any case!

Alessandro

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Simply put, it is one of your plugins that is causing the issue. You need to figure out which plugin and disable it.

If you were to turn on WP_DEBUG as I told you in the beginning, an error would show that could then lead you to exactly what plugin is causing the issue.

However, since you’re not turning on WP_DEBUG, another way to tackle the issue would be just to start deactivating your plugins one-by-one, until the issue goes away; then you’ll know what’s causing it.

Do you have any plugin that is adding some sort of social sharing meta information to posts? If you do, I’d start with that plugin.

alexvega
    Participant

Dear Jason, thanks a lot for your amazing reply!

To be honest I knew since the beginning the problem is caused by qTranslate plug-in…

But if I disable it than the pages are all messed-up!!!

Thanks

Alessandro

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m not familiar with qTranslate, but maybe you could try posting in their support forum? I have to think there’s a solution to your problem. I realize when you click through to a single post, you’re seeing a white screen, and you’re knowing what to do from there.

1) But if you view the source of your webpage in your browser, it’s not completely blank. There’s a specific place that it stops. I assume this ties to some specific process of qTranslate… possibly something that can be disabled? That’s maybe something you can explore.

2) And then again, if you’d just turn on WP_DEBUG, you will see an error message for why the page is stopping in the load process. This will also help you to know specifically what the problem is.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.