This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Issue when updating theme versions

• Creator
    Topic
    ctimagemake

WordPress & all plugins are up to date. I then tried updating my Swagger theme (from 2.0.3 to 2.1.6) & some funky stuff happened. Please see before & after screenshots – colors seemed to change (more black than was there before) & the footer is not right. Thanks for any help you can provide. Thanks!

Before update (on version 2.0.6)
    After update (to version 2.1.3)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’d need to see a live link to tell you much on any issues. So, if you can activate and provide the link to the updated site, I’d be glad to look.

Apologies, for stating the obvious, but did you clear the browser cache on your computer when viewing your site after the update? Often people update, but then don’t realize when they initially load their site right after, that they are seeing a mix of old and new assets because of their browser cache.

colors seemed to change (more black than was there before)

This is something you’ve done from your CSS customizations, right? I don’t believe this is part of the theme. So, you’ll want to double check however you did that, with how that area may have changed in the update.

ctimagemake

I’ve looked on multiple computers, multiple browsers & see the same thing.

I don’t know how to leave a private reply (otherwise I would give you login details but the site can be viewed at foremanheating[dot]com

That’s what I figured too (that the black coloring was due to a CSS thing but I couldn’t find anything that would be triggering it).

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

1) The dark color around outside of content: This is the same issue you were having before you updated. I’m not sure where the confusion is coming in for you — if you’re using some sort of caching WordPress plugin, or maybe you’ve got some sort of database caching enabled on your web host — But the answer is simply that you have the option “Primary Color” set to “Dark”. If you want to this to be light, change the option to “Light”. If you’re doing this and not seeing the result on the frontend of your site, you need to look at the other issues I mentioned that our outside anything the theme is doing, like database or page caching on your site, for example.

2) The footer columns: In your first footer column, you’ve made an error with the HTML you’ve inputted. You’ve got an extra closing </div> tag in there.

ctimagemake

OK thank you

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.