This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Installing demo pages

• Creator
    Topic
    beyondrefuge

Hi guys, I have tried to follow the procedure described here: /documentation/index.html to install sample content / demo pages so that I can quickly adapt them for my Gnar-based site.

However the demo .xml files that I found in the folder “\gnar\includes\layout” always give me an error message when uploading them. Can you help please?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by beyondrefuge.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    beyondrefuge

The error message that I get in the WordPress installer is “This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number”

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

It sounds like you’re trying to upload the incorrect XML file. These files you’re referencing are used by the theme to extend the default WordPress import process and complete the setup of the demo.

The file you want to upload through your WordPress admin isn’t located directly within in the theme. Instead you’ll find it in the “All Files and Documentation” ZIP package from ThemeForest.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.