This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Individual Slider Height

• Creator
    Topic
    solcad

i am using a few different sliders for different pages and most pages the narrow height is ok but on some pages i want the slider to be the aspect ratio of the photos, is this possible or will it change all the sliders?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

No, I’m sorry but there’s no feature to change the height individually for different sliders, as there’s one universal crop size that gets used through all sliders of the site.

With that said, there actually is a little trick to get the sliders at a custom height, but it would involve you needing to crop and size your images perfectly before you upload them. The full width slide crop size for images is 940×350. In WordPress a crop size can’t be applied if it not at least as tall and wide as the crop size. And then on the frontend of the site when that crop size is retrieved, if it does not exist, it will pull the default image you uploaded.

When the theme displays the slider in various areas, it doesn’t actually get displayed exactly this large (940×350). It get scaled down a little, responsively.

Click to enlarge

So, for example, if you upload an image that is say 920px in width by whatever height you want, the theme’s crop size can’t get made, and it would display perfectly in the example scenario shown above.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.