This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Include current page contents in Builder column

• Creator
    Topic
    javidjamae

Hi, great theme. I really want to use the Builder and setup a column layout, but I want one of those columns to be the contents of the current page. Is this possible? The “content” type let’s you pick the contents of the current page, but not the “column” type. This would be really helpful.

On the themeforest page you said that this would be in the next release. When will the next release be available? Is there a code fix for this in the short term?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I apologize, but I cannot say when the next update will be released. We’re working hard on updates for all themes on ThemeForest and they will all be released at the same time.

This is maybe one option you could do. Here’s a modified version of the themeblvd_columns function that would take the “External Page” option and transform it into just taking the content from the current page, and ignoring what you select for an external page.

Temporary function: http://pastie.org/5700233 — If you copy this to your Child theme’s functions.php, make sure to delete it after the next update.

How to edit a theme function from your Child theme: http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/editing-framework-functions/

javidjamae

Thanks for the response. I added this to the child theme’s functions.php (after removing the opening <?php tag, but after selecting “external page” for a column in the builder it still picks up the contents of the page that is selected in the second dropdown instead of showing the current page. I looked at the code, and it makes sense that it should pull up the contents of the page, so is it perhaps not loading this functions.php properly? Any suggestions on how to diagnose the issue?

javidjamae

Never mind, I figured it out. I think I had a file permissions issue when I transfered it over to my server. Thanks so much for the patch, I look forward to getting the update when you make it available!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.