This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Images blurred in slider

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Have you changed the crop size for images in the slider, via filters or the Theme Blvd Image Size plugin? Were these images uploaded before installing the theme?

frankie1tree
    Participant

Hi
    Yes I added this code into functions.php in Child Theme:
    function my_image_sizes( $sizes ) {
    $sizes[‘slider-large’] = array(
    ‘width’ => ‘1040’, // Your new width
    ‘height’ => ‘326’ // Your new height
    );
    return $sizes;
    }
    add_filter( ‘themeblvd_image_sizes’, ‘my_image_sizes’ );

The images were uploaded after theme was installed.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

So, right now with how you’ve setup everything and customized the layout of the theme, to avoid any scaling of the image, it would need to be 999×313.

Here’s how you can see this with Chrome’s inspector: http://www.uploadblvd.com/uploads/image_5151db6248065.png

frankie1tree
    Participant

Thanks, but sorry do you mean change the functions.php settings or the image size?
    Chrome Inspector is a good one, normally use Firebug

frankie1tree
    Participant

Hi
    I realise that I must have messed up the customisation somehow because some of the other images get blurred when I ‘Add Media’ to a page – not noticeable when just a photo but it is if there is any text! This is probably way beyond your support but is it something to do with me having increased the max-width of ‘#main .main-content’ and ‘#top #branding .content’?
    I can live with it but interested to know how I messed up!
    Thanks for great themes and support.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Thanks, but sorry do you mean change the functions.php settings or the image size?

What I am getting at is that, with whatever customizations you’ve made in the layout of your site, you can see that end result on the frontend of your site fits an image that is 999×313. So, you’d either need to (a) change the crop size to this, (b) upload an image that is exactly that large, or (c) re-work your customizations around the layout to accomodate a different size.

Does that make more sense now?

frankie1tree
    Participant

Yes that is fine, sorry to bother you; many thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No worries, sorry that wasn’t clear the first time ;-). Site’s looking good! — I like to see people straying from the default look with customizations.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.