This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Image Gallery

• Creator
    Topic
    jebernier

What is the best way to create an Image Gallery (Portfolio)? Is an image gallery built into the Alyeska theme or do I need a Plug-in.

I would like a Portfolio main page with thumbnails that point to each gallery. Each gallery would have thumbnail images (4 across) and clicking on an image would open the image in a Lightbox).

thanks,

John

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello John,

I think the best way to handle this would be to create a set a posts, and in each post, insert a standard WordPress gallery.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Gallery_Shortcode

Then, on some other page, you can display those posts as a post grid. In your documentation, see the video series called something like “The Classic Portfolio.”

jebernier

What is the link to the video tutorial?

Can’t seem to find it.

Thanks

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In the package you downloaded from ThemeForest, there is a folder called “documentation” and in that there is a file called “index.html” — Open this file in your web browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc).

jebernier

For some reason, even after following tutorial it’s hard to get images in a gallery to open in Lightbox. They keep opening on a new page?

Once the Post and gallery is added, how do I have each image in the gallery open in a Lightbox vs. new page?

And even though I have comments turned off, there is a small comments icon showing in the upper right.

Regards,

John

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

For some reason, even after following tutorial it’s hard to get images in a gallery to open in Lightbox. They keep opening on a new page?

I have a feeling you’re running into this:

http://support.themeblvd.com/forums/topic/lightbox-gallery-anomaly/

Each type you insert a gallery, you need to make sure the shortcode has link="file" in it.

[gallery link="file"]

And even though I have comments turned off, there is a small comments icon showing in the upper right.

Make sure you’re actually disabling discussion with the default WordPress settings when editing a post.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.