This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

IE8 Display Issues

• Creator
    Topic
    champa9ne
    Participant

Hi There,

I’m having a terrible time with figuring out what is going on with my layout in IE8 – any suggestions on how to make the navigation bar appear properly, as well as the sidebar?
    https://www.skilven.com/
    Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I honestly don’t even know where to start with this. Have you gone through any customizations you’ve made? Have you gone through all the plugins you’ve installed?

champa9ne
    Participant

My apologies. Let me ask a different, specific question:
    I have implemented the Shopp plugin and everything looks good except in IE. In IE8 images aren’t displaying properly for the shopping cart and developer tools point to “img {max-width:100%; height: auto;} in the theme.min.css.

Given this situation, what is the best way to negate this declaration in IE? Should I create an alternate IE only version of the theme.min.css?

Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The theme actually does have an IE only stylesheet that gets implemented already. — /assets/css/ie.css

You could copy this file to your Child theme and register it first from your Child theme’s functions.php so it overwrites:

function my_css() {
    	wp_register_style( 'themeblvd_ie', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/assets/css/ie.css' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_print_styles', 'my_css', 9 ); // priority 9 before Akita theme

Maybe something like this could go in there:

img {max-width: none; }

If you still can’t get it to work, in theory you could do this with the theme.css file (the un-minified version of theme.min.css), as well. — /assets/css/theme.css

function my_css() {
    	wp_register_style( 'themeblvd_theme', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/assets/css/theme.css' );
    	wp_register_style( 'themeblvd_ie', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/assets/css/ie.css' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_print_styles', 'my_css', 9 ); // priority 9 before Akita theme

Note: In the next update to the theme, theme.css has a complete makeover. So, if you’re messing with that, be aware when Akita 1.2 comes out a little down the road.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.