This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

IE and Builder

• Creator
    Topic
    sharonq
    Participant

I am using Builder to turn sections of my website on or off for mobile devices. It does not seem to work in IE – I’ve tested in 7, 8 and 9. Any ideas?

Works fine in Chrome and FF.

http://www.teamsfirst.ca

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All working over here.

Click to enlarge

… It honestly doesn’t really make much sense that whether these items display or not would have anything to do with the IE browser. They’re just simple @media queries targeting the viewport size to adjust their display property. This is pretty basic stuff and support by all of these browsers.

I do notice you’ve got some very elements there in your layout. Notice those gigantic horizontal scrollbars in my screenshot. You may want to look into that. When you scale down your site, there shouldn’t be any scrollbars going horizontally. That could possibly be contributing to issues you’re having viewing your site.

sharonq
    Participant

This is what it looks like on my PC (and my Windows Phone)
    Any idea where to start troubleshooting?

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2d8f4w8.jpg

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by sharonq.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In that screenshot, you’ve got compatibility mode turned on in your IE9 browser. So, that means you’re viewing the site in IE7.

sharonq
    Participant

Perfect – I didn’t expect the phone to be pretty (it’s an old Windows phone) but when the same thing showed up in IE 9 I got worried. I have never heard of “compatibility mode” before… IE drives me crazy 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.