This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

IE 9 and Chrome issues

• Creator
    Topic
    btgmedia
    Participant

I just purchased Alyeska and converted my site to the new theme over the weekend. It’s the first time I have used your themes and I love how easy they are to work with. I noticed this morning that on IE9 there are issues with the slider and home page. With IE9 the slider is not correctly aligned like it is in Firefox and the content for headlines and descriptions are overlapping. Also, the slogan section does not show up and that space is blank. I checked multiple computers and it is the same on all with IE9 and older versions. I cleared the Cache and changed from Google fonts to standard theme fonts.

My url is http://www.btgmedia.com

On Chrome the the slider wasn’t working at all and now it is. Not sure what changed but it is okay now.

I have looked at the site for answers but did not see anything. Sorry if it is there, but I didn’t see it.
    Here is a screen shot of the IE screen http://picturestack.com/955/61/LX0BtgmediaIEdPj.jpg

Thanks for the help. I love the theme and hope to use it for other sites.
    Jim Weiskopf

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I believe the problem stems from what you’re actually putting in your slider description. You have some invalid markup that I think most browsers can interpret to understand what you “meant” to put, although IE cannot.

Specifically, I’m referring to this kind of thing:

It’s Time To Take Charge of Your Online Presence!

Confused On Where To Begin?

First, you can’t put paragraph tags inside of header tags, and second you’re opening paragraph tags and not closing them. I’m only guessing, but I have a feeling that has something to do with your issue in IE.

Try doing something more like this:

It’s Time To Take Charge of Your Online Presence!

Confused On Where To Begin?

Does that help the issue?

There also appears to other places in your slide descriptions where you’re opening paragraph tags and not closing them. So, I’d run through and double check all of your slide descriptions. — Note: By “closing them” I mean adding

after the text enclosed in the paragraph tag.

This is a centered paragraph of text.

btgmedia
    Participant

Hey Jason that worked….you are a beast! Looks great. I love the theme. Thanks for the help!
    Jim

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.