This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Hyperlinks disappearing

• Creator
    Topic
    nigdowser
    Participant

I cannot put more than one hyperlink on a full-width page without making others vanish. It worked fine at first, but not any longer. Can you please sort this one out for me?
    What do you need from me?
    I’m using the extended TinyMCE editor, but as I say, it worked a first, but now it doesn’t.
    Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you link me to a page on your site where I can see an example of the issue?

nigdowser
    Participant

http://sixthsensebooks.com/maggie-percy/
    But, I just tried to put two links there, and when i updated, both vanished and   was added instead.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

So it’s some sort of issue actually in your Visual Editor of WordPress? Opposed to how the theme renders the site on the frontend of you site? I’ve never heard of anything like that. Have you tried posting on wordpress.org forums for possibly some more ideas?

And I do see two links on that page now. Not sure if you figured it out.

nigdowser
    Participant

OK. so here;s another weird thing. I haven;t altered anything. In fact, here’s the code as seen from the Text editor viewpoint in WordPress:
    Below are links to various writing projects, many of which have been done in collaboration with Nigel:

Space Clearing: Beyond Feng Shui

Caring for Your Animal Companion: The Intuitive, Natural Way to a Happy, Healthy Pet

Now, those links, which don’t appear above, are actual links.
    In other words, it looks like links are set without actually being visible(!?) I don’t see how this works, but it does.

The Text version shows no hyperlinks, yet they exist.

If you have any thoughts on this, I’m all ears!!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m honestly not really sure how this could have anything to do with the theme. But who knows! People run into new, weird things every day. But I’d suggest starting with the standard troubleshooting techniques.

1. Is it your computer or web browser? — Try a different web browser or computer. Possibly you’re using an old web browser or maybe you’ve accidentally turned on “Compatibly mode” of IE9? WordPress’s TinyMCE editor relies on javascript to work, so this could very well be a client-side browser issue.
    2. Is the issue related to a plugin? — Deactivate all of your plugins. If the problem goes away, then re-activate them one-by-one to see which one causes the issue.
    3. Is it the Complexity theme? — Try switching to the default Twenty Twelve or Twenty Eleven theme and see if the problem is solved. When you do this, all of your theme settings will still be there when you switch back; so, you don’t need to worry about that.
    nigdowser
    Participant

I’ll try this and get back to you… Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.