This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to start Over

• Creator
    Topic
    littleantz
    Participant

Hi,

I was attacked by a malware injection and it seems to me that many files has been compromised.

I decided to start over and delete all theme files and install a new copy. However, it seems that some database entries are still active because my sliders and builder entries remains intact. At first I thought it is good because I do not have to recreate al over again. But the problem is that the slider is not working properly.

For example in this page.
    http://angdatingdaan.org/samples/homepage_test/
    WARNING: you will receive a malware warning there because my site is yet to be review by google.

I set it up in the builder to have 4 columns and 3 rows but no matter what settings I put in the builder, it always comes 2 column.

Thinking that it might be a long shot to try to hunt the bug, what I want is to simply start from fresh.

How can I do that?

It there is quick fix also I will appreciate.

Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If the question is just “How to start over?” — Then, you’d just use phpMyAdmin on your server, delete everything in your database, and then re-install WordPress. You could probably do an export of all your posts and pages before that so you could import them after re-installing WordPress.

I set it up in the builder to have 4 columns and 3 rows but no matter what settings I put in the builder, it always comes 2 column.

I’m not quite sure how that is possible unless something is preventing your layout from saving. You’d be able to tell by saving your custom layout and then refreshing the entire admin page and seeing if the options are set properly or not. If not, I would double-check that you’re actually editing the correct layout and that you have your settings setup correctly to be showing the layout you’re editing on whatever page. I can’t see what specifically you’ve setup to tell you what that would be because when I try to view your site, you’ve got it password protected.

littleantz
    Participant

Sorry for not being so clear.

I want to start over with the theme not the whole site.

The options are saved OK. Just the front end is not looking right.

I already deleted all themes and install new copy but it doesn’t help.

I sent you an email of my admin password perhaps you can have a little look.

Thanks

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I got your email, but I’d need an admin-level account to see anything. Send the info through My Account > Submit Private Information here on the support website.

littleantz
    Participant

I have sent the admin account

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

And is there some different password I need to see the front-end of the website without messing with your maintenance mode plugin? Even while logged in, it seems I cannot see the frontend of the site.

littleantz
    Participant

ohh.. sorry…

front end password is

addcitME

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Nevermind. I found it in the plugin settings.

[edit] Ok, got it.

littleantz
    Participant

thanks..

you are free to do anything to restore to vanilla state of theme.

just keep my contents safe.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m honestly at a bit of a loss on the issue with your post grid slider. What I can tell you is that you’re looking in the wrong place. The builder is saving the 4 columns just fine, and when you look at the frontend of your site, you can see that the 4 columns are indeed getting inserted, but the problem is something to do with how the width is getting calculated on the slider plugin. For whatever reason, your post grid is being stretched really wide, and so you can’t see the other 2 columns.

You have so many plugins and things stuffed into head of your site. You need to see if there is some sort of plugin conflict or possibly a conflict from some sort of custom CSS you’ve put into the theme. But something is messing with that slider being rendered that isn’t part of the theme (unless you’ve modified something that I’m not aware of, which doesn’t sound like you did). This conflict is not allowing the FlexSlider to calculate the widths correctly, and you’ll notice it can’t even rotate slides because of this.

littleantz
    Participant

thanks for the hint.

I deactivate all plugins and it comes back to life. Now re activating each of them again and see what will cause the problem

THanks a lot

littleantz
    Participant

looks like this plugin is conflicting
    http://codecanyon.net/item/quform-wordpress-form-builder/706149

Is this something you can work with?

You can recreate the problem in my admin. activating that plugin causes the problem. deactivating it fix the problem.

This is a problem for me cause it’s a vital piece of my website. Hope this is something you can work with the author.

Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.