This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to setup portfolios

• Creator
    Topic
    skay
    Participant

I want to use the portfolio layout to show samples of my work. Instead it is showing my blog posts. I’ve been hopping around the UI to see how to do this. It must be possible, but I’m not finding the relationships. What am I missing?

Thank you for providing a beautiful, well-documented, and well-supported collection of themes.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich. Reason: Moved to new topic
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich.
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello skay,

In this theme there are two ways to display posts. You can display them as a “list” or as a “grid” — where a post list might be like what you’d consider a blog and a post grid could be your portfolio.

Checkout the video series in your documentation called “The Classic Portfolio” — That should take you through all of your options in this regard. Let me know if that doesn’t make sense.

skay
    Participant
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yup, and in your documentation along with everything else 😉

skay
    Participant

Aha! Found the documentation folder in the download — I never knew it was there! Very, very cool. Thank you so much.

One of the reasons I chose ThemeBlvd in the first place is your great documentation and support. Even before I bought, I could see how things are done. And of course your themes are both beautiful and easily customized. Great work.

skay
    Participant

I’ve been struggling with this. I seem to be doing everything according to the video: I’ve assigned categories to my portfolio posts, and excluded those categories on the Theme Options page. They still show up.

Assign categories:
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2r27txt.png

Exclude categories:
    http://i47.tinypic.com/dqhu2q.jpg

Result: categories not excluded:
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1z4fzad.png

What now?

skay
    Participant

BINGO!
    In addition to (or instead of?) setting the excluded categories, I needed to set just the one “real actual POSTS” category in Widgets > Theme Blvd Mini Posts List > Category. Whew! Much better now!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, you got it. That Mini Post List isn’t going to have anything to do with what you’re doing from your Theme Options. The category selection from your Theme Options is for what we call the “Primary Posts” display, which is simply the main page you’re displaying your post list (i.e. your blog most would call it).

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.