This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to Remove Comments Icon from Posts

• Creator
    Topic
    billingsj
    Participant

On each post, I get a comment icon to the right of the title displaying the number of comments on that post even if “0”. This icon still shows when I select “Hide Comments” for that post, which seems like a bug. Is there a way to hide the comments icon on a post?

Thanks!
    billingsj

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to disable the comments for the post. This is a default WordPress setting. You do this under the “Discussion” meta box when editing a post. The theme’s option is just referring to the entire comment form area, because normally if you just disable comments, most WordPress themes will display text that says something like “Comments closed” — So the option allows you to hide that in addition to disabling comments in the standard way.

If you don’t see this meta box, it means you have it hidden. You’d just go to the “Screen Options” tab at the top of the post Edit screen and enable it.

billingsj
    Participant

Thanks, Jason. That did it.

I also found that I was able to do this to a bunch of posts at once using “Edit” under “Bulk Actions” on the Posts list page.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Oh, awesome! I wasn’t aware you could do that. That’s great info for everyone.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Click to enlarge.

tymothyroy
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    Does this mean you can’t have comments on, but not show the count?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Does this mean you can’t have comments on, but not show the count?

Hello,

Yes, this is what it means, unless you want to hide it through customization. You could pretty easily hide it with CSS like:

.comment-bubble { display: none; }
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.