This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to link single thumbnail to gallery of images in lightbox

• Creator
    Topic
    mhp
    Participant

Follow up question… what is the quickest/easiest way to display a slide show in lightbox? On a few pages, I want to show a single static image that opens when clicked and scrolls through pictures. I don’t want a gallery of pics on the page, or a moving slider on the page, just a single pic. Will the gallery or slider functionality allow me to do this easily, or do I need a plugin?

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

To create separate galleries, you should be ending up with separate ones like this that include different attachment images:

[gallery ids="1, 2, 3, 4" link="file"]
    [gallery ids="5, 6, 7, 8" link="file"]
    [gallery ids="9, 10, 11, 12" link="file"]

When you delete the attachment ID’s like this:

[gallery link="file"]

… Then you’re just displaying all images currently uploaded while editing the current page/post in each instance of the gallery, which isn’t what you want in this case.

So, right now I think you’re just outputting all images for each instance of the gallery shortcode, and thus, when your first thumbnail links to “gallery-1,” you’re linking to everything.

brunotore
    Participant

AHHHH, I see. Of course that makes a lot more sense than removing the inserted gallery. This is working like a charm, thank you!

And in case there are those that are visual and need to see it all written out there:

[gallery ids="152,154,155,153" link="file"]

[gallery ids="117,115,116" link="file"]

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.