This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to get new Font Awesome icons in Alyeska?

• Creator
    Topic
    jtobler
    Participant

Jason, is there a simple way to update Alyeska to load the lastest Font Awesome version? I’m trying to load the google icon and it’s not showing up, among others along the way. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

There are two ways you could do it:

1) In your child theme place the current FontAwesome package of files (CSS file and font files). And then from your child theme’s functions.php, enqueue your version of the FontAwesome CSS file.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_style

2) In the parent alyeska theme folder you could update the CSS files and font files found here:

/framework/assets/plugins/fontawesome/

The next update to the theme is a very big one, and won’t be ready for awhile still, but it will have the latest FontAwesome and Bootstrap. Normally I wouldn’t recommend doing #2, but I suppose in this case, it doesn’t really matter all that much as next time you update Alyeska in the future, the change of current FontAwesome files would be irrelevant anyway.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.