This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to change Read more and Comment button

• Creator
    Topic
    adagio
    Participant

hello again.
    I have installed Akita theme in a non english version of wordpress and strangely i realize that the “read more” , “Comment” links under articles and meta informations stay in english on the blog page articles.
    I also have this problem in a single post page.

How can I change or translate this ?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    adagio
    Participant

I understand that you created a plugin for that :
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-blvd-string-swap/
    is there another way ?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Here’s the complete developer guide that shows where these strings are located and how to filter them from your Child theme’s functions.php

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/frontend-text-strings/

adagio
    Participant

Thks. i have tried your plugin.
    With it, the read more link string translation works fine πŸ™‚
    But the “no comments’ string translation doesn’t πŸ™ (it stays in English).

I ll try and see with complete developer guide.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, in tracking this down specifically in Akita, this isn’t setup right in this current version.

For a post list, you can find this in content-list.php. — Just copy this file to your Child theme, and you’ll find it in there.

adagio
    Participant

Okay. I’ll do that. Thanks for your time.

Just curious : Do you intend to update the plugin for akita one day ? or perhaps akita for the plugin ?
    I’m just asking as i may try and convince some collegues and clients to change their WP theme for a blvd theme (Your reactivity is appreciated and your answers are clear : in another word, you rock ! πŸ™‚ ) …

Thks again

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, definitely. It’s actually an issue with the Akita theme, itself. This actually has already been fixed for the next version of Akita, which will be 2.0.

adagio
    Participant

I managed for the moment to translate the post list meta (“posted on xxxx by xxxxx”) using your last option in the theme-blvd-string-swap plugin.
    It didn’t work as a filter from the Child theme’s functions.php and I don’t know how to replace the php in the

<div class="meta-wrapper">

tag of the ” content-list.php” file i copied in the child theme.
    Is this another issue of the actual version of Akita ?
    Its a pity I have to combine those 3 technics.

Can you give me the exact php code to replace in the

<div class="meta-wrapper">

of the ” content-list.php” so i can translate the post list meta string ?

I hope i am not being a pain in the… for you but I would rather not use the plugin.

When do you intend to deliver Akita 2.0 ?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

This is actually sort of a different thing; I just came up with a sort of creative way to tie it into that plugin because I figured it many people that wanted string translation would want that, as well.

But this is just another function hooked to an action hook. Here’s a basic template you can start with from your Child theme’s functions.php to put the meta display in your hands.

function my_blog_meta() {
    	?>
    	<div class="entry-meta">
    		<span class="sep"><?php _e( 'Posted on', TB_GETTEXT_DOMAIN ); ?></span>
    		<time class="entry-date" datetime="<?php the_time('c'); ?>" pubdate><?php the_time( get_option('date_format') ); ?></time>
    		<span class="sep"> <?php _e( 'by', TB_GETTEXT_DOMAIN ); ?> </span>
    		<span class="author vcard"><a class="url fn n" href="<?php echo get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta( 'ID' ) ); ?>" title="<?php echo sprintf( esc_attr__( 'View all posts by %s', TB_GETTEXT_DOMAIN ), get_the_author() ); ?>" rel="author"><?php the_author(); ?></a></span>
    		<span class="sep"> <?php _e( 'in', TB_GETTEXT_DOMAIN ); ?> </span>
    		<span class="category"><?php the_category(', '); ?></span>
    		<?php if ( is_single() && comments_open() ) : ?>
    			<span class="comments-link">
    				 - <?php comments_popup_link( __( '<span class="leave-reply">No Comments</span>', TB_GETTEXT_DOMAIN ), __( '1 Comment', TB_GETTEXT_DOMAIN ), __( '% Comments', TB_GETTEXT_DOMAIN ) ); ?>
    			</span>	
    		<?php endif; ?>
    	</div><!-- .entry-meta -->	
    	<?php
    }
    remove_all_actions( 'themeblvd_blog_meta' );
    add_action( 'themeblvd_blog_meta', 'my_blog_meta' );

Above, I’m essentially just copying the function used in the theme, renaming it, and hooking it in its place to use as starting point to edit.

adagio
    Participant

Thks a lot jason !

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.