This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to add three coloum on header above area

• Creator
    Topic
    eastcoastpaddle
    Participant

Hello,

Please let me know how can I add coloum/div from the backend on ad_above_header (header above area), which is displaying above the logo? I can’t see the header above location on the backend and I want the Ads Above Header location like this screenshot http://dev.themeblvd.com/files/2012/03/sidebar_locations.jpg So that I can insert widget on this location. Please let me know asap.

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately the theme does not come with any feature to place columns in any of the ad spaces. Theses are “collapsible” widget areas that are meant to hold a single widget. — Or multiple items stacked vertically, I suppose, but that begin to look a bit cluttered.

To place a widget in this location, go to Appearance > Widgets, and drag your widget to the “Ads Above Header” location.

[edit] Note: Akita does not support the “Ads Above Header” widget location.

eastcoastpaddle
    Participant

Dear Jason,

Thank you for providing me your input and I know that I have to place the widget under the ‘Ads Above Header’ location but unfortunately this position is not displaying on my site and not in the widegt manager. Please let me know how can I add this position for placing the widget on header above area. I am sharing with you my site login detail please review and try to resolve this issue asap. Please reply me on this email too tarun.kumar@a2iwebsolutions.com

http://evincestudio.com/development/ecp/wp-admin
    UN: ecpdeveloper
    PS: Dev1234!

Thanks

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I apologize for the confusion. In answering support tickets, I got this theme mixed up with Alyeska. The Akita theme does not support the “Ads Above Header” widget area location you’re asking about.

I honestly can’t remember now why we had to disable support for it in this theme, but if you want to put it back and see how it works, you can easily do this from your Child theme’s functions.php like this:

remove_filter( 'themeblvd_sidebar_locations', 'akita_sidebar_locations' );
    eastcoastpaddle
    Participant

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your input and I will try to update the child theme using the provided code then after will update you accordingly.

Thanks

eastcoastpaddle
    Participant

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your help, after implement your suggestion I am able to see the ‘Ads Above Header’ position.

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.