This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How do I "unlink" the "Posted by" name in a post list

• Creator
    Topic
    cmint
    Participant

When I create a post it shows up with the following ID: Posted by Name – August 2, 2012 – Category  I like this but want to unlink the person’s name who did the posting because by clicking on the name it reveals posts in other categories by that person. I want to to retain the category link. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

The theme contains no feature for this, and so this will be a customization you’ll need to make from your Child theme.

This HTML markup is controlled from the function called “alyeska_blog_meta” found in /includes/theme-functions.php of the theme. To customize this function, you can copy it to your Child theme. — There you’ll find the anchor tag wrapping the author’s name you can remove.

How to edit theme functions from your Child theme: http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/editing-framework-functions/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.