This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How can I add comments to a pages?

• Creator
    Topic
    kevmac88

Hi all,
    I have comments automatically come up for my blog page but I have a
    opt in form that takes subscribers to a free audio page and want them to be able to
    leave comments. Everything appears to be set for comments but none of my pages at all
    can get comments.
    Thanks,

Kev

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Kev,

This is not possible from your WordPress admin panel, however there is a way to do this by utilizing the framework’s filters in your custom code.

Copy this into the functions.php file of your child theme:

function activate_page_comments( $setup ) {
        $setup['comments']['pages'] = true;
        return $setup;
    }
    add_filter( 'themeblvd_global_config', 'activate_page_comments' );
    kevmac88

Great Jason, thanks so much. Works beautifully.
    Love the theme.

Cheers mate, Kev

ashlandwebsites
    Participant

This works if I use the default template but not the custom layout. How can I add comments to a static page with a custom layout.

Thanks very much
    David

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

How can I add comments to a static page with a custom layout.

You’d have to copy the template_builder.php to your Child theme and manually insert the call to the comments template.

comments_template('', null);

Note: In upcoming Alyeska 3.0, this main template file has changed. So if you do this, make sure you put it back later. And in the next update, there’s a action called “themeblvd_content_bottom” you could theoretically hook to, check for it being a custom layout and then include the comment template.

ashlandwebsites
    Participant

Thanks very much, but I found a way to use the default template by adding a widget above the main content.

David

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.