This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Homepage slider isn't working

• Creator
    Topic
    giraffa
    Participant

Hello,
    I was trying to add home page (a basic like #1)
    and i built 2 slides to the slider but it’s not shown,
    what can be the reson?

please help
    10X
    NIR

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

So what have you setup exactly? Can I see a link to where you’re expecting your slider to show?

giraffa
    Participant

setup 2 slides. ( added 2 photos and one of them with a link botton)
    put the slider in the builder

this is the link button for the post (that the slider link to)

http://nirsharabicom.ipage.com/mhealth/%D7%A1%D7%9C%D7%98-%D7%A7%D7%99%D7%A0%D7%95%D7%90%D7%94-%D7%94%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%A1/

giraffa
    Participant

???

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m just a bit confused. This page you’re linking to is a single post. It doesn’t have any kind of custom layout attached.

Where on your site exactly are you trying to place the slider? Can you please link me to where you’re trying to place the slider so I can try to help? In the title of your topic, you said the issue was with your homepage, and so I tried going to your homepage, but you do not have a custom layout applied there, either.

Are you possibly confused about how to apply a custom layout to your homepage? Is that what you need help with? If you can try to give me some more specific information about what you’re doing, and what you’re having a problem with, I’d be glad to try to help you.

giraffa
    Participant

Ok sorry for that, i just changed the setup so there was no homepage, just a blog as a home page.

NOW I Setup it back , so you can go the homepage and try to help me.

this is my homepage

and this are images of the setup
    http://postimg.org/gallery/2ixxhc5m/6f3a727a/

I can also give you my login details if needed.

10x
    NIR

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All right, so we’re getting javascript errors on the frontend of your site with your setup. Here’s my first thought.–

Try changing the ID of your slider something that has only English characters. — When you name a slider, this ID gets used within the javascript, and it looks like jQuery doesn’t know how to handle the interpretation of what you’re naming the slider.

And it looks like you’re using an older version of the theme, before we added the ability to manually change the slider’s name and ID. So, you’ll need to re-create your slider. Just try naming it something with English characters, and then the theme will generate an ID with English characters. Then, we can see if this solves the issue.

Make sure to re-select the slider from your custom layout after creating the new one.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.