This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Home page slogan formatting

• Creator
    Topic
    mhp
    Participant

Hi… In the slogan box of my home page builder, I have included a page link in the last two words “Learn More”. I would like a smaller font size for the link text. In CSS I tried: .element-slogan .a .a:hover { font-size: 14px;} which doesn’t work. What’s the best way and syntax to change the link font size? Thanks, Mike

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You got a link to what you’re doing?

mhp
    Participant

Hi Jason… sorry, meant to include that: http://timmudd.com/hfs/

However, the CSS I included in question actually worked. There seems to be this odd delay when updating the builder of the homepage and when the changes actually cycle through to the what shows up in the browser. Clearing my browser cache doesn’t seem to help. Thanks, Mike

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Any delay would have to your a server setup/hosting. Your WP admin saves to the database, the database gets pulled from on the frontend of your site. There’s realistically nothing the theme is doing in that process; once the layout is saved, it’s saved.

kelleychambers
    Participant

Jason, I’m curious about this same topic. I’m trying to implement inline CSS in the slogan area and the only piece that is respecting is the font-weight:bold; tag. Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish:

<span style="color: #000;font-weight: bold">IN</span><span style="color: #7e0722;font-weight: bold">EX</span><strong> Systems &amp; Designs</strong> is Atlanta's premier custom consumer electronics company specializing in design &amp; installation for  <span style="color: #000;font-weight: bold">IN</span>terior  &amp; <span style="color: #7e0722;font-weight: bold">EX</span>terior spaces.

Any ideas?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Jason, I’m curious about this same topic. I’m trying to implement inline CSS in the slogan area and the only piece that is respecting is the font-weight:bold; tag. Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish:

It’s not actually a CSS issue at all. What’s happening is it’s stripping out all your <span> tags because this HTML tag is not allowed. However, the <strong> is allowed, and that’s what you’re seeing.

You can filter in for <span> to be allowed by following the instructions in the article below. Coincidentally , the code example given towards the end of the article is exactly what you want.

http://www.jasonbobich.com/theme-forest-updates/expanding-accepted-html-tags-in-the-theme-blvd-wordpress-theme-framework/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.