This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Hiding post excerpt AND full content for a Post List

• Creator
    Topic
    thegreenm
    Participant

I’m attempting to create a list of posts for a “prior events” page and I only want to show the post’s title and date, not the content. When I attempt to use CSS to set the entry-content for the page to “display: none” it hides the post content for all other categories too, not just my prior events category.

Even when using the the layout builder, I only see the option to show the full content or the excerpt, how can I not show either of them?

What I’m trying to do is:

Event Title #1
    Date of post

Event Title #2
    Date of post

NOT

Event Title #1
    Date of post
    Post Excerpt…

Event Title #2
    Date of post
    Post Excerpt…

Any suggestions?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Using CSS is one way you could do it, for sure. Just checkout all of the classes WordPress adds to the <body> tag every time a page loads on the frontend of your website. Use these classes to prefix whatever selectors you’re using to hide the content areas of the post list in your CSS. This will allow you to come up with unique styles for different scenarios and pages.

Example —

.page-id-123 .entry-content { display: none; }
    thegreenm
    Participant

great thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.