This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Problems with custom code in Child theme

• Creator
    Topic
    slreagan
    Participant

I need some help as soon as you can. I updated the theme, that part went ok, reactivated the child theme (wasn’t sure if that changed too), re-copied the php and now it I’m getting this error and can NOT even login to my WP backend. Please help as soon as you can…I don’t know what to do.
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘}’ in /home/slreagan/youngliving4all.com/wp-content/themes/akita-child/functions.php on line 19

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    slreagan
    Participant

Dreamhost reset my stylesheet so I can now get back in and fix things.

slreagan
    Participant

Question: I have re-installed the newest parent Akita. If I re-activate this theme, is the php file going to “break” again? I don’t want to have to contact DH to reset this install again. thanks

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘}’ in /home/slreagan/youngliving4all.com/wp-content/themes/akita-child/functions.php on line 19

This is an error from code you’ve placed in your Child theme’s functions.php. If it remains, yes you will have the same problem again. Edit functions.php of your Child theme and re-evaluate what you have around line 19. If you are not familiar with basic PHP and basic file management on your server, I would suggest removing any custom PHP you’ve placed in functions.php, and stick to making CSS edits only from your Child theme.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.