This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

header=background

• Creator
    Topic
    raffaes
    Participant

Hi Jason

I don’t know if this is in the realm of what i should be asking, but I’ll give it a go

I have a website with differentt sections and they all take a different header + different nav bar colours. To achieve this do you suggest adding options to the theme options section or through css + id pages. Also the header and the footer are part of background yes? To seperate them (footer + header background) best through adding to options or css(can’t seem to find the css for that)

i hope this is understandable…your input would be much appreciated

Raffa

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Raffa,

I would suggest making all of your customizations via custom CSS from the custom.css of your Child theme. I wouldn’t mess around with trying to add your own options. That will add a new level of complexity that I wouldn’t really imagine is necessary unless you are purposely setting up options a client can change for some reason.

But unfortunately these are CSS customizations you’ll need to make to the theme and are not included with support.

http://support.themeblvd.com/help/#terms

It is honestly difficult to give a you direct answer as to your question because every section has different HTML markup and CSS. Also how you’ve setup your theme options will effect what CSS effect what, as well.

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

raffaes
    Participant

that’s a good thing!

so you are saying its achievable through css?…i would rather play around with css than try to set up options and the like

thanks

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah I’d say so; anything is possible with CSS. Any themes options that I’ve setup in the theme essentially just manipulate CSS in different ways.

raffaes
    Participant

a little embarrassing

the css for the footer background is #bottom yep!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.