This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Header Duplicating Issue with Theme Alyeska

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hmm… Did you by chance attempt to manually add wp_head() to the theme because of that silly nag that Jetpack gives you?

I’ve seen this nag at the top of people’s WP Admin. I think it’s from Jetpack, but I can’t remember for sure. However, if you did indeed add wp_head thinking the theme didn’t already have it, that would explain why you’re getting duplicates of all this. I can’t think of any other logical explanation.

ejb5oh
    Participant

Whats a nag? I think that we added it when we were first setting everything up. It was apparently added to the child theme. That fixed it, once we removed it.

So since you respond pretty awesomely on here, any clues or peeks into some of your new projects?? I love your themes and your customer services is the best!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

When you get a message or alert at the top of the screen that is trying to get you to perform some action, we call it a “nag” — meaning it’s nagging you to do something. An example would be when it’s time to update WordPress and you get that yellow message at the top of the screen telling you there’s a new version and it won’t go away until you update WordPress.

And nothing too exciting coming up I’m afraid. I just released Jump Start and have made some big improvements to my framework. Now, I’ll be spending a few months updating old themes and trying to get a website up at themeblvd.com to make the brand more clear to everyone.

ejb5oh
    Participant

Any chance of adding the jumpstart mobile nav bar to this theme?? Also, if a switch were to be made from current theme to new theme like jumpstart, would the settings transfer over nicely or would one have to redo the whole thing again?

Thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what I’ll do with this theme, but I was thinking about doing something similar.

And yup, everything for the most part will transfer over except for obviously style settings that are specific to Alyeska. But keep in mind that Jump Start is a parent theme framework. It’s not going to give you the same experience as Alyeska with all of the stylistic options.

faithl3ss
    Participant

Hello ejb5oh,

i saw, that you use the nextgen plugin with the lightbox2 effect on your site. Can you tell me how you realized that? ‘Cause my 5 step install instruction don’t work with the Alyeska (Child) Theme.

Where I have to put and edit that files Maybe you can help me with that.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by faithl3ss.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    ejb5oh
    Participant

Actually I am using nextgen plugin with ThemeBlvd’s lightbox effect. I am not familiar with lightbox2, sorry. I would strongly recommend sticking with ThemeBlvd’s lightbox effect as you will see that it is most compatible with devices other than computers like tablets and cell phones. I found that other lightbox plugins tend to cause issues when viewing from a device that is dependant on the themes responsive CSS.

faithl3ss
    Participant

ah okay. thanks for that Info. I will check it out.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.