This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Google Search Links from old site

• Creator
    Topic
    brunotore
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Maybe not a theme-related question but I’m hoping there’s a workaround somehow. My client had an old site for which google had of course linked to when you searched for her. The new wordpress site is now way better in terms of organization, however it means that instead of hersite.com/chronology.htm , the content is now on hersite.com/about/chronology and the Google link (that she doesn’t want to lose her standing with) brings up the 404 page on the new site.

I tried to make another chronology page in addition to the current hierarchy so that you can get to it either way and not hit the 404 page, but hersite.com/chronology doesn’t work, I’m guessing because it isn’t an actual .htm file as the original page was before. Is there a way to direct these links to the old site from search engines to the appropriate page?? Fingers crossed you say yes!

Thanks!!!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.