This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Google PageSpeed

• Creator
    Topic
    ramonbastos
    Participant

Hello, have you checked if the theme is compatible with Google´s new feature, PageSpeed? Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am aware of the service and have fumbled around a little with it, but what do you mean in terms of the theme being compatible? Forgive me if I’m just ignorant to the service, but what about the Google page speed would require some sort of compatibility from the theme? Or what do you mean exactly?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

On a sidenote, if you want a really good score from the analyze tool, definitely look into learning how to use W3 Total Cache for your website.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/

Flipping on and configuring W3 Total Cache can get you probably a 50% better score there, from what I’ve observed, anyway, in messing around.

ramonbastos
    Participant

Forgive me I wasn´t clear. I saw some WP Themes (like 90% of custom themes) having issues, well, I dont know much about it, but it´s something related to Java and CSS changes. Like, the PageSpeed changes some minor CSS codes that may cause the entire site to look weird.

Is W3 total cacher better than WP Super Cache?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Forgive me I wasn´t clear. I saw some WP Themes (like 90% of custom themes) having issues, well, I dont know much about it, but it´s something related to Java and CSS changes. Like, the PageSpeed changes some minor CSS codes that may cause the entire site to look weird.

I’m sorry but I don’t know anything about this.

Is W3 total cacher better than WP Super Cache?

I personally use W3 Total cache, and I don’t have much experience with Super Cache. I would say W3 Total cache gives you more options and things you can do, but Super Cache is a little easier to configure and setup (this is what I’m told, anyway). Super Cache also is made Automattic, for whatever that’s worth.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.