This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Google Chrome Question

• Creator
    Topic
    laurah
    Participant

Trying to see if anyone has run into this situation:

With certain WordPress themes (Arcadian, Made) my Chrome browser will not open drop down menus, the new media button will not open, and in Builder when I click on it all the layouts show for a second then disappear. None of this happens with Firefox (yes, I should just use FF but I really want to figure this out!). Popups are not blocked and javascript is enabled.
    Thanks for any ideas!
    laura

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

I’d say it sounds like you simply have some piece of javascript included somewhere when you’re editing a post/page that is breaking everything else in Chrome. You should try running through and disabling any third-party plugins you’re using to find the source of the issue.

If you’re familiar with using Google Chrome’s developer inspector, you can also use the “Console” tab to see if it gives you any specific javascript errors that might help narrow down to which plugin it may be.

laurah
    Participant

Jason,
    Thank you for your response! I have disabled all plugins previously and again just now. It helped, in that menus will expand and Media button opens. The problem plugin was Facebook Post Planner, which I disabled. But the builder and sliders are empty even with all plugins disabled.

If you think this is strictly a Chrome issue and not to do with the theme, just let me know.

Thank you!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I personally use Chrome for everything, and the theme definitely works fine in Chrome for me all around. It sounds like there might be something specific going on with your site or your computer.

laurah
    Participant

Thanks for your response, I’ll look in that direction (my site and computer). And thank you again for a great theme and support!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.