This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Global 'hide page title'?

• Creator
    Topic
    sdaris
    Participant

It’s great that you can ‘hide page title’ and have ‘no breadcrumbs’ on each page individually, but is there a way to globally declare ‘hide page title” so that every page defaults to this state? There must be a hook or filter because I can’t find this functionality in the Layout Builder – there’s only ‘hide breadcrumbs’. thx

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

To edit how page title shows, you’d just edit the template part that displays pages by copying it to your Child theme —
    content-page.php

When looking in that file, you’ll see how the title is shown/hidden based off simply that option when editing a page.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/editable-content-files/

sdaris
    Participant

It seems like this if statement is limited by stating “If hide is chosen then don’t show the page title”.

<?php if( 'hide' != get_post_meta( $post->ID, '_tb_title', true ) ) : ?>
    <?php the_title(); ?>
    <!-- .entry-header -->
    &lt;?php endif; ?&gt;

What I want to do is skip an if condition altogether and just hide all page titles from all pages under all conditions. How would I do this? thx

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by sdaris.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by sdaris.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

It seems like this if statement is limited by stating “If hide is chosen then don’t show the page title”.

What it says is: “If hide is NOT chosen, then show the page title”

http://php.net/manual/en/language.operators.comparison.php

What I want to do is skip an if condition altogether and just hide all page titles from all pages under all conditions. How would I do this? thx

How do you think you’d do it? Take a stab at it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.