This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Getting error on installation

• Creator
    Topic
    pawanpatil
    Participant

wordpress 3.51 is installed followed your video and installed the theme by uploading the folder to webserver.

after the theme is installed can not import the sample data was getting error
    Internal Server Error I even increased the limite of php file to 8 mgs

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at atticanada.com Port 80
    widget importer pluging is not working
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/atticanada/public_html/wp-content/plugins/widget-settings-importexport/widget-data.php on line 49

my friend is waiting for this website to work please help

or guide me in the the right directions

On my this server i have 12 website running on wordpress successfully

Please advice

thhx

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Did you check your server’s error log? If you’re getting an internal server error, that’s really the only way know the cause. Have you contacted your host? This just a standard export file from WordPress. If it’s not importing, I’d imagine it has something to do with how large the sample content file is in relation to the server resources you have available. I’m not really sure what else could be done there.

But importing this sample data into a live server environment really isn’t the intention here. It’s meant to be a learning tool if you want to set up everything in a local environment. If you do get it setup like my demo site on your live server, you’re going to have so many custom layouts and pages, images, it’s going to be overwhelming, and take up a lot of unnecessary resources.

My suggestion is just to wipe everything and forget about the sample data. Start with a fresh WordPress setup and install the theme.

Now, go to the Item Details page for this product and look under where it says “Homepage Setup” — Follow those steps in creating a homepage even if you don’t care about setting up a homepage like the demo. Use it as an exercise. For each of those steps, if you can’t figure out something, open up your theme’s documentation, look at the table of contents, and skip to the corresponding video tutorials. After you’ve gone through those few steps, it will be like you’ve finished a tour of the theme, and you’ll know so much about the theme and how its main parts work.

widget importer pluging is not working
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/atticanada/public_html/wp-content/plugins/widget-settings-importexport/widget-data.php on line 49

I’ve personally never any problems like this with this plugin, but I honestly can’t speak to it, as it is a third-party plugin I am unassociated with. WordPress, as you know, doesn’t come with any way to import/export widgets, and so this was just a nice little plugin I found that allowed to provide this data to buyers.

pawanpatil
    Participant

is there is any way to import the widgets

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

This was the thinking behind the third-party widget importer plugin which unfortunately doesn’t seem to be working for you. If you’d like to take a couple minutes and drag the widgets in manually under Appearance > Widgets, here’s everything I used in the demo:

http://themeblvd.com/demo/assets/alyeska/alyeska_widgets.png

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.