This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Generated Page Sidebar

• Creator
    Topic
    bennettwebmaster
    Participant

Hello,
    I want to take pages that are being generated via a plugin and put a different sidebar on them aside from the default sidebar. These pages are specifically location pages so I want to show the locations menu we’ve created. I started in on trying to do this myself but I figured I’d go right to the source and get pro advice just so I don’t fudge things up.

thanks for your help!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Have you explored the theme’s Widget Area manager located at Appearance > Widget Areas? I think this is the key to what you want to accomplish. Checkout the video series on widget areas in the documentation that came with your theme’s download package.

bennettwebmaster
    Participant

I looked around in the widget area manager but the problem I’m running into is that the pages aren’t there as options. The map plugin we use just creates pages based on data we import. So the pages are there but they aren’t, in a way. I feel like it might require some tweaking of the actual code to accomplish. I’ll provide a couple of screens to help explain what I mean.

Map Page This one has the correct sidebar
    Generated page These are all default

Thanks for your help!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You can probably just accomplish this with the Widget Logic plugin and the default sidebar of the theme:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/

I would contact the plugin and find out a conditional statement you could use to determine if you’re on a page generated by the plugin or not.

bennettwebmaster
    Participant

Yep, I looked around and found some resources on their site that seemed to be taking me in the right direction. I’ve managed to manipulate the sidebar so now I just have to tweak the coding and that should do the trick.

thanks!

bennettwebmaster
    Participant

I got it figured out without using the plugin. The map plugin provided a page template and I just had to code a custom sidebar for it to call up. Used the theme as a guide to make sure it got styled right and so forth and it’s done. I grabbed that widget plugin for future use as well. Thanks for the help! 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.