This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Front page video embedding

• Creator
    Topic
    crazycanuck

For some reason videos (youtube links) wont display properly on the frontpage but work fine once you click read more and go to the full length post. How can i get this to just display from the excerpt

thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This the expected behavior; WordPress isn’t going to parse videos in the_excerpt(). In your front page’s post list, you’ll need to setup to display the full content, opposed to the excerpts, if you want videos to show up with WordPress’s standard oEmbed on the content. And then, within your posts’ content you’ll use the <!--more--> tag to break them up and add a link to continue from the post list to the single post page. — This is the more classic, alternate method to using excerpts.

If you want to tell me a little more about how your front page is setup to display posts, I can give you more specific information on how to change from displaying the excerpt to full content, if you can’t find the option that corresponds to how you’ve set things up.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.