This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Front page and blog page

• Creator
    Topic

Hello!
    Under Appearance/Theme Options, I have the Welcome page set for custom layout, since our Home page is our Welcome page, not our blog page. Under Readings/Settings, I have the Welcome page set as static. I’d like our blog page to be a different page, and several posts are published; however, when I selected the posts page under Readings/Settings and added that page to the menu, the page just repeated the Welcome page. How do I get the blog page to appear separately with the posts that have been published?
    Thanks very much for your help!
    Heather

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

In WordPress, the “post page” is the homepage. You’re essentially combining the two separate methods of applying a custom layout as your homepage.

See 4th question: http://themeforest.net/item/alyeska-responsive-wordpress-theme/164366/faqs

Just go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage > Homepage Content and select “posts” to solve your issue.

An alternate approach is to not select a “posts page” at all, and then simply apply the “Post List” page template to a page.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.