This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Formatting Issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Tim
    Participant

I’ve been running a site using Complexity for a few years now. It’s a great theme and I’m looking at using for another site, which would be my third with Complexity. Yeah, I really do like it THAT much.

Somewhat recently (I noticed it a month or two ago) the formatting on many of the pages seems to be having issues. The two main examples:
    1,) Bullet and Number lists: the number lists move all the way to the left of the section – even beyond who the other text around it formatted. Bullet lists have the text on top of the bullets. Neither type of list seem to be indented as they should or did when originally installed. You can view the list issues at:

http://tinypic.com/r/2d91m6h/5 or
    http://www.newhopechristian.net/students/new-hope-observatory

2.) As I add text and paragraphs to a new or existing page, everything looks fine. When I preview all the text is jammed together with no line space between. I’ve checked the formatting section and all seems to be ok.

Is there a chance that the CSS got corrupted? If so, how can I repair? I’ve checked some lists on another site I used Complexity on and the issue does not exist.

I appreciate all your work and the support you provide.

Thanks
    Tim

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

It looks like it’s from this CSS file you’ve included in your site:

<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href="http://www.newhopechristian.net/wp-content/mingle-forum-skins/DDart_style_Dark_1_2_2/style.css"  />
    Tim
    Participant

Jason, as always, I appreciate your help.

I’ve not (knowingly) changed the CSS – I say that with confidence, I don’t know how to do that.

Is there a way that I can restore it back to the original?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

This is a CSS file you’ve included in your site. It doesn’t appear to be included by a standard plugin, but I have no way to know how it’s being included honestly. Who else has been editing your site? The fact that this file is located in a folder “mingle-forum-skins” in /wp-content is odd. The only way that could be there is you (or someone editing your site) manually put it there.

Tim
    Participant

Interesting… I guess I’ve got some folks to talk with…

If I delete the CSS file that you pointed out, would that cause the theme to go back to your default CSS file?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, that file specifically has a CSS reset in it that is messing up all basic list styling because it comes after everything in the theme.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.