This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Footer Copyright Text accepting Shortcode

• Creator
    Topic
    pcaporicci

How would I be able to allow the “Footer Copyright Text” under Theme Options to allow shortcode? I’d like to use a current year shortcode I wrote for the copyright date.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This is how you’d do it from your Child theme’s functions.php:

/**
     * Add do_shortcode to copyright text. 
     */
    function my_footer_copyright( $text ){
    	return do_shortcode($text);
    }
    add_filter( 'themeblvd_footer_copyright', 'my_footer_copyright' );
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Jason Bobich. Reason: Edited to work with Akita, accidentally had the code for Alyeska
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    pcaporicci

Thanks that worked for adding a new one that accepts shortcode, but it didn’t remove the old one. Perhaps it’s because this line:

remove_action( ‘themeblvd_footer_sub_content’, ‘alyeska_footer_sub_content_default’ );

Isn’t for my theme (I’m using Akita). I tried replacing the name to some other ones, but none seemed to remove it.

Thanks

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Sorry about that, got the themes mixed up. I’ve edited the above response. Does that work for you?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.