This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Footer / Contact Bar

• Creator
    Topic
    darkecho
    Participant

Hello,

1) I would like to ask from where I can modify the footer’s columns, for example on the “3 columns” the theme gives me some ready % values, but I would like to change it for instance to 23%, 42% and 35%.

2) Regarding the contact bar, I need to change the mouse over titles, for example when I move the cursor to the facebook image I would like to show “Like Us on Facebook” instead of “Facebook”.

P.S I don’t expect to solve my questions, just give me a tip which files I should edit and i’ll figure it out!

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

1) I would like to ask from where I can modify the footer’s columns, for example on the “3 columns” the theme gives me some ready % values, but I would like to change it for instance to 23%, 42% and 35%.

These actual percentages you’re referencing don’t technically correspond to anything tangible the way you might think. The percentages are only there for the end-user experience to allow the user to choose from something that makes sense to them. In other words, there isn’t anywhere in the theme where you could simply change these percentage combinations to something else, unfortunately.

So, this would just end up being a CSS customization you’d need to make to the footer columns. You’d have to just setup the footer columns one way, and then dig in there from your custom CSS file and just manually tweak the widths of the columns.

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

2) Regarding the contact bar, I need to change the mouse over titles, for example when I move the cursor to the facebook image I would like to show “Like Us on Facebook” instead of “Facebook”.

The social media icons are outputted with the function themeblvd_contact_bar found in /framework/frontned/functions/parts.php. This is a pluggable function that you can edit from a Child theme.

In this function you’ll have to come up with your own way of determining what gets placed in the title tag. Currently it just loops through the array of saved social icons and simply uses the key of each item in the array with a capital letter.

darkecho
    Participant

I couldn’t find anything about the names on /framework/frontned/functions/parts.php. The arrays with tha names are in framework/widgets/tb-widget-contact.php but when I change the names it shows different images!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The arrays with tha names are in framework/widgets/tb-widget-contact.php but when I change the names it shows different images!

Yup, this approach wouldn’t make sense and why I didn’t suggest it. The buttons use the id’s (i.e. twitter, facebook, etc) for several things. One of those things is to add a CSS class when outputting the buttons. That class determines the icon. So if you mess with that you’re messing with many things, not just the name.

I couldn’t find anything about the names on /framework/frontned/functions/parts.php.

As I pointed out, themeblvd_contact_bar is your function. It’s the first function at the top of parts.php. It outputs the markup for you icons. Now, this will be a customization you’re going to have to make. There’s no one right answer.

One suggestion would be to just create your own variable that is the title tag as it loops through the retrieved icons, possibly with a switch statement based on the button id (i.e. facebook, twitter, etc). For example:

foreach( $buttons as $id => $url ) {

// Figure out the title…
    	$title = '';
    	switch( $id ){
    		case 'facebook' :
    			$title = 'My facebook title';
    			break;
    		case 'twitter' :
    			$title = 'My twitter title';
    			break;

// etc ...
    	}

// Append markup for this icon with $title used
    	$output .= '<li><a href="'.$url.'" title="'.$title.'" class="'.$id.'" target="'.$target.'">'.ucfirst( $id ).'</a></li>';

}

http://php.net/manual/en/control-structures.switch.php

darkecho
    Participant

That’s a great idea, I gave it a try but it doesn’t really change anything.. should I delete anything from the “output” below?

Thanks

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

That’s a great idea, I gave it a try but it doesn’t really change anything

It changes the title tag of the links, which is what is seen when a user hovers over the anchor tag.

Please remember that support does not include providing you with customizations.

http://support.themeblvd.com/help/#terms

We’ve got great customization partners at WerkPress, if that’s an avenue you want to go down.

http://support.themeblvd.com/customizations/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.