This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Fonts corrupted after website relocation

• Creator
    Topic
    abclar2

Hello,
    I recently performed a full backup of my Akita theme website to my computer so that I could remove it from its Addon status on my VPS account. I then created a new cPanel for this website http://www.absolute-clarity.com and uploaded the backup, expanded it and reuplodaded the data base. Everything worked fine except that the fonts I chose for the website (Googlefonts) are no longer displaying as before. I am using a Child Theme and have attempted to reset the fonts to their original settings in the “Typography” settings, but the fonts do not revert to those chosen originally. Interstingly, if I select Italic in the Heading font section, the (wrong) font changes to italic and looks thinner (better) when I then choose Normal from the Style dropdown. Hwever, after saving and viewing the website online the Header fonts are not changed at all. Any ideas what is causing this issue and how I might fix it?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    abclar2

Hello again,
    This issue now affects not just the fonts but most of the Customize options as well. When I attempt to restore the background texture and color to the original settings I chose when I created the website, I can see the changes in Preview and, even though I select “Save and Publish”, the changes do not remain after the page refreshes. Similar results with link colors as well. Looks like the whole css structure is compromised, but I am not sure which file to replace/repair. Can anyone shed any light on this please?
    Cheers
    Tom

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Tom,

The issue you’re facing isn’t because you moved your site; it’s because you updated WordPress without updating the theme. Your version of the theme has an incompatibility WordPress 4.2+, which was fixed with a theme update in April, when WordPress 4.2 was published.

http://themeblvd.com/changelog/?theme=akita

So, if you get your self up-to-date with the latest version of the theme, you should be good to go.

abclar2

Thanks Jason, I’ll update the theme immediately. As I use a Child theme, do I need to update that as well or should I just the ‘Parent” theme?
    Cheers
    Tom

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You just need to update the parent theme, and your child theme should remain active through the whole process.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.