This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Fonts are LARGE only in IE?

• Creator
    Topic
    bbelack

We’re a local theatre co in LA and can’t figure out why the fonts are huge in IE only. If anyone can shed some light on what to do with the code, we’d GREATLY appreciate. Website is elephanttheatre.org Here’s a link for the screen shot version: http://i47.tinypic.com/5yvi9t.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

It’s difficult to tell you much without a live link. It looks like the issue is something specific to something you’re doing.

Often when people run into issues like this in IE, it has to do with the user inputting invalid HTML markup somewhere. Most browsers can figure out what you were trying to do in different case, but IE often can’t. So, a good place to start would be to look at anywhere you’ve put in your own HTML code. Possibly you openned one tag and didn’t close it? Or visa-versa, something like that.

bbelack

What’s a live link? I will provide it. The page URL is elephanttheater.org

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yup, so in the custom HTML you’re adding to your Columns element below the slider and post grid elements in your homepage layout, you’ve opened <h3> tags without closing them. I believe that’s where your issue is coming from in IE8.

Screenshot: http://www.uploadblvd.com/uploads/image_516881b57c14c.png

You want these dates to look something like this where you open and close your HTML tags:

<h3>FEB 7 – MAR 2, 2013</h3>

Double check any other places you’re putting in your own HTML code for things like this. Most browsers can tell you what you’re trying to do, but IE does a horrible job of this.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.