This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Font Awesome Icon Sizes

• Creator
    Topic
    kelleychambers
    Participant

Hey Jason,

So, I’m using Font Awesome’s icons in the columns section of Layout Builder. The icon IS showing up however, I can’t use the sizing values with it. For example, I want to use [icon name=icon-facetime-video] with a larger size using the value of icon-large inside the shortcode making it complete with [icon name=icon-facetime-video icon-large]. Any ideas how to make this work?
    http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/examples/#larger-icons

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m not quite sure I understand. The theme uses an [icon] shortcode, but it doesn’t have anything to do with FontAwesome. Are you sure you’re not trying to use some sort of third-party plugin? And if so, I’d imagine there’d be conflicts, as the theme also uses the same shortcode.

kelleychambers
    Participant

I am using a third party plugin called “Font Awesome Icons” and using it within the layout builder. Your icons are fine but they’re using images and this uses vector glyphs that infinitely can be sized up or down lossiless… The plugin works fine elsewhere but not in the columns piece. Which is why I asked you…. as you developed the columns. Is there some sort of “striping” the columns are doing from shortcodes?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If were to save the Builder and then completely refresh the page and look at your columns element input again, do you see anything stripped out? In other words, is your actual shortcode usage being manipulated here, in the Builder?

If not, I’m not quite sure what to tell you. The columns just process shortcodes. I can’t think of any correlation this would have to how a specific shortcode works.

kelleychambers
    Participant

Nope, I don’t see any stripping. Damn. Ok, thank you anyway!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

And when you view the source of your page on the front-end of your site, do you see the correct HTML being outputted? Meaning your two classes sitting like:

<i class="icon-whatever large-icon"></i>
    kelleychambers
    Participant

Nope, the HTML is missing the sizing…

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You could style it bigger with CSS:

​.element-columns i { font-size: 60px }​
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

They’d also probably look better if you floated them left, opposed to having them site inline, as normal.

​.element-columns i { float: left; font-size: 60px }​
    kelleychambers
    Participant

Too funny… that’s exactly what I was doing!! 🙂 🙂 GMTA!!!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.