This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

file embed problems after update

• Creator
    Topic
    lancedr
    Participant

I just updated Alyeska to the current 2.1.5 (and I have previously updated to WordPress 3.5.1) and some images I had embedded in the text in two columns on my home page have disappeared (they were small PNG images that the text wrapped around). I re-uploaded the PNG files into my media library with the same names, and the HTML embed code is still the same within the text, but they still don’t show up just get the tiny squares with question marks in them). I even deleted the HTML code, and then retyped it, but still no luck.

Did the procedure change for embedding such images in text on the home page? I looked through your support forum, and those for WP 3.5, but can’t find the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

No, nothing has changed. I would think this issue you’re describing means the image URL’s you’re putting in do not match up to images you’ve uploaded. Do you have a link to your site where you’re doing this? Maybe I can have some sort of insight from seeing what you’re describing and how you’re putting images into your page.

lancedr
    Participant

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the fast response. Here is the site address: http://www.giantleap-media.com. The images used to be justified left in the first paragraph of the columns on the home page (“About Giant Leap” and “Latest News”). I deleted the code so the little questions marks would go away, so if you could please forward the correct HTML code I would appreciate it.

When I uploaded the files to my media library yesterday, it now has a permalink address, and I’m not sure if this is something that should be used or not. Previously, the HTML code referred to it simply by an image number. Anyway, in case you need it, here is a screen shot of the media library page where the file is currently: [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2pqrsck.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks! – Lance

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey Lance,

In that in the screenshot you’re linking to, the “Permalink” you’re referencing is the not link to the image; it is the link to the attachment page for the image, and so you cannot embed an image with it. That’s not anything that’s ever changed in WordPress. In your screenshot, look over in the right side where it says “File URL” — that’s the URL you should be embedding images with, as that’s the link to the actual image file.

To tell you for sure, I’d need to see your site with the issue in place, as I think you’re just misunderstanding in general what URL’s you’re supposed to be using.

lancedr
    Participant

I figured it out. They were icons that I had previously added according to the instructions on your page about Alyeska features (http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/alyeska/features/shortcodes/shortcodes-icons/). Looks like my previous PNG files were deleted when I updated to the new version of Alyeska. I re-uploaded them to my FTP and now I’m good to go!

BTW – I can’t tell you how happy I am that, with the update, the slider now pauses automatically when someone plays a video in a slide. That was a huge problem for me before, and I’m glad it got addressed. This theme is now perfect!

Thanks! Lance

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Awesome, glad to hear it!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.