This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Featured Videos & News Scroller

• Creator
    Topic
    slreagan
    Participant

Hi there – Is there Featured Videos plugin compatible w/the News Scroller plugin with regard to the video image? What I’m trying to do, and not sure if I’m thinking clearly on this, is use the News Scroller widget to display my videos. I have a separate category just for Education Videos so that’s no problem. But would like video image to show up (in thumbnail format of course) in the Scroller. Have selected the option to replace featured image w/video and given the url – they all show up correctly in the Blog but are not showing up in the News Scroller. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step?
    thanks

BTW – the update is awesome – you’ve really packed a lot more stuff in theme yet at the same time separating out into plugins make a heck of a lot of sense. nice job 🙂

sarah

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Sarah,

No, I’m sorry but there’s no way for these two things to work together. When the featured image of the news scroller is displayed, this is just totally different than when the theme is displaying them with its internal function and filter for the Featured Videos plugin to latch onto.

slreagan
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

There seems to be a minor error in the Slider Manager. Thought I would put my Edu videos in a Slider I had already begun to set up. Am aligning them Right and selecting Video as type. However after the upgrade I am now NOT getting the option to put Headline, etc in – get this message below even though I have NOT selected full size. I can work around this however when I initially select Image as type, fill in Headline, etc and then select Video as type and update slider – it works. For some reason not letting me do this directly with video type…am pretty sure I was able to when I initially set this up before upgrade…? (hope this makes sense)

You cannot have any elements on top of full-size video. If you’d like to include elements, align the video to the right or left.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If the video is aligned to the left or right, you should get the options for those various elements. Here’s what I get on my end (screenshot is in Chrome):

What web browser are you using? Also make sure you’ve tried to clear your browser cache after making all of these updates.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Aw, now I see where the issue is. Yeah, there’s some weirdness there depending on the order you’re selecting different items. I’ll get that fixed and update the sliders plugin.

slreagan
    Participant

Cool – thanks! 🙂
    (and actually had not cleared the cache which I will do – using Firefox)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.