This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Featured Image Questions

• Creator
    Topic
    laurah
    Participant

I’m using Arcadian v 1.1.6 and I found your plugin Theme Blvd Featured Image Link Override and see it’s only for v 2 framework… it won’t work for mine?

Also, with the WP 3.5 upgrade my featured images were display as a smaller size than usual, which I think I fixed but now their a bit blurry. Is it just me?

And, JASON. Stop making new great themes I’ll never be able to decide! Breakout looks very good!

Laura

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    laurah
    Participant

… you probably need to see an example of the blurry image: http://www.free-naturewallpaper.com/grizzly-bear-in-water-facebook-cover.php

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Laura,

I’m using Arcadian v 1.1.6 and I found your plugin Theme Blvd Featured Image Link Override and see it’s only for v 2 framework… it won’t work for mine?

Your version of Arcadian uses framework v2.1.0. You can see this by looking in the footer of your Theme Options page. So you can use this plugin.

Also, with the WP 3.5 upgrade my featured images were display as a smaller size than usual, which I think I fixed but now their a bit blurry. Is it just me?
    … you probably need to see an example of the blurry image: http://www.free-naturewallpaper.com/grizzly-bear-in-water-facebook-cover.php

Yeah, it’s not showing the correct size image. Something isn’t right here. Have you made edits to any content-{whatever}.php files from your Child theme?

laurah
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I haven’t changed any of the content …php files. The images were all clear before upgrading WP. When I upgraded WP and created a new post the featured image spanned only half the space, so I put this in: .featured-image img { width:100% !important; }. that made the image fill up the space but it’s blurry!

In installed the Override plugin… but I’m not sure where I set it up.

Laura

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The problem is that something is interfering and not allowing the theme to show the correct size. Something is changing the crop size ID before it gets to the template file. The crop size being used on your post is “medium” which the theme does not use at all. I have a feeling it’s one of your plugins.

In installed the Override plugin… but I’m not sure where I set it up.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-blvd-featured-image-link-override/installation/

laurah
    Participant

Thank you for all your help. I found the problem – WP’s media settings had small medium large settings set which I’d never had before.

Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

But something else is off because WordPress’s default “Medium” size shouldn’t be what’s being used there. That’s why I say something is likely interfering. Anyway, just keep that in mind moving forward.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.